This consult will last between 60 to 80 minutes.
Functional Medicine is NOT a quick fix. Many factors of your health and lifestyle are examined and assessed.
I will have already revised your health history data you provided via email. We will go over and summarise the key areas of concern and formulate a plan forward.
I will recommend pathology and / or functional medicine lab tests, lifestyle changes, dietary and sleep hygiene tips.
A full personalised Functional Health Report will be supplied for all Laboratory Tests completed – see Followup consult for more information.
Baseline pathology testing can be very informative and a great start to your individual analysis, most of these tests will be covered by medicare and included in the Consult fee.
Functional Tests are not covered under medicare and thus will be at your own expense. You may not even need any of them! We will review and discuss these options together.
Medicare Rebates available
Personalised Functional Medicine Health Report Analysis includes:
Using the latest in research and practice, your blood test biomarkers are interpreted using ground-breaking analysis and evidence based methods.
Your own personalised Functional Health Report is a 50 page interactive PDF document explaining all aspects of your lab results and a personalised Health Improvement Plan.
The full interactive report will be emailed to you after our discussion for your future reference and records.
Follow-up Consult – 40-45mins
40-45 Min Consult – $90
Medicare Rebates Available
What is Intravenous Vitamin Therapy?
Intravenous (IV) vitamin therapy involves the administration of nutrients into the body through an IV drip.
How does it work?
The IV method bypasses the digestive system, allowing delivery of greater quantities of nutrients and promoting maximal absorption. Orally administered vitamins can be inactivated in the digestive tract or poorly absorbed, and in high doses can cause unwanted side-effects such as abdominal cramps, nausea and diarrhea.
Only the purest forms of vitamins and minerals are used in IV administration. Your nutrient drip is specifically formulated for your specidfic needs.
Some common uses for IV vitamin therapy include:
• Correction of deficiencies– for example due to malnutrition, severe illness or following surgery
• May provide immune system support with high dose antioxidants
• Potentiallly reduce symptoms and severity of cold or flu, and certain other viral infections, such as shingles, glandular fever and other Viral illnesses
• Potentially reduce symptoms of the acute stages of illnesses such as cold or virus onset, or asthma attack
• Anti-inflammatory benefits
May assist with Chronic Fatigue syndrome
Initial Health Assessment
15-20 min Consult
This full full Health Assessment is required in order to determine suitability for IV infusion and which nutrients may suit your needs. You will be sent for pathology investigations prior to your Infusion.
Pathology testing may be required Approx $40
IV Infusion Information:
IV Infusions take approx 40-45mins
The cost of each infusion varies depending on what you may require. Personalised recommendations are provided on the initial health assessment.
What is Available?
IV Vitamin C starts from $230 each
Additives from $35 each
- B complex
- Hydration Infusions
IV Myers Cocktail – Vitamin C, B Complex and Magnesium – $285
Iron Infusions – $140
- Iron infusions are able to be provided depending on clinical indication and need or with referral from your GP
IV Hydration of electrolytes – One Litre – $90
Please contact us for more detailed price guide based on your needs
You can have one or multiple infusions, weekly to monthly.
The longest wavelength our Far Infared (FIR) Sauna reaches deepest into the body where toxins are stored. By raising your core body temperature, FIR stimulates the sweat glands, resulting in a deep, detoxifying sweat that leaves you feeling revitalized.
Plus, since sweating increases heart rate, cardiac output and metabolic rate, you’re also burning calories. FIR heaters are clinically shown to reduce blood pressure, support detoxification, optimal health and weight loss.
Time required – start from 20-30 mins builing up to 45 mins maximum – optimal health benefits at 4 times per week however start a great routine for yourself at 1-2 times per week
Casual Session – $40
5 Session Pass – $180
10 session pass – $300
Electrolyte drinks available
Food is Medicine
Lifestyle change and changes in diet work faster, better and more cheaply than any medication
We ate our way into this mess, we must eat our way out
– Mark Hyman M.D
So what are Functional Tests?
There are hundreds of functional tests available for an individual. Here are examples of a few more common tests:
- GI Mapping – detects and assesses the status of pathogens, viruses, parasites and bacteria that may be contributing to acute or chronic gastrointestinal symptoms and disease.
- Food Sensitivity tests – Immunoglobulin G (IgG) food testing is useful for structuring elimination diets for patients with many chronic conditions. Individuals with neurological, gastrointestinal, movement and behavioural disorders often suffer from IgG food sensitivities.
- Dutch test – extensive profile of sex and adrenal steroid hormones, along with their all-important metabolites.
- Organic Acids Test – comprehensive metabolic snapshot of a overall health with over 70 markers. It provides an accurate evaluation of intestinal yeast and bacteria. Abnormally high levels of these microorganisms can cause or worsen behavior disorders, hyperactivity, movement disorders, fatigue and immune function.
- Methylation profile – Normal metabolism of methionine is critical for cellular methylation of DNA, proteins and neurotransmitters. Test results can appropriately guide nutritional support
- Neurotransmitter analysis – assessment of the ability to synthesise and metabolise neurotransmitters, both in the periphery and, for some enzymes, behind the blood brain barrier as well.