15 Minute Discovery Call to meet and greet. This is a great time to see if we are the right fit for each other.
If we both agree to work together I will send you links to complete your thorough health history form and questionaire, conset form and terms and conditions.
Please sign and return these forms prior to our Initial Consultation
This consult will last between 60 to 80 minutes.
Functional Medicine is NOT a quick fix. Many factors of your health and lifestyle are examined and assessed.
I will have already revised your health history data you provided via email. We will go over and summarise the key areas of concern and formulate a plan forward.
I will recommend pathology and / or functional medicine lab tests, lifestyle changes, dietary and sleep hygiene tips.
A full personalised Functional Health Report will be supplied for all Laboratory Tests completed – see Followup consult for more information.
Baseline pathology testing can be very informative and a great start to your individual analysis, most of these tests will be covered by medicare and included in the Consult fee.
Functional Tests are not covered under medicare and thus will be at your own expense. You may not even need any of them! We will review and discuss these options together.
Medicare Rebates available
Personalised Functional Medicine Health Report Analysis includes:
Using the latest in research and practice, your blood test biomarkers are interpreted using ground-breaking analysis and evidence based methods.
Your own personalised Functional Health Report is a 50 page interactive PDF document explaining all aspects of your lab results and a personalised Health Improvement Plan.
The full interactive report will be emailed to you after our discussion for your future reference and records.
Follow-up Consult – 40-45mins
40-45 Min Consult – $95
Medicare Rebates Available
12 Week Program
You will now have this fantastic offer to commit to a 12 week program fully supported by myself. What you will receive:
- 2 x 60 minute Consults per month
- Unlimited access to my email and or text message during office hours
- Continued personalised followup, encouragement, support and accountability to achieve your goals
To Be Advised depending on degree of health concerns and depth of support required, each program is tailored to meet your specific needs.
Food is Medicine
Lifestyle change and changes in diet work faster, better and more cheaply than any medication
We ate our way into this mess, we must eat our way out
– Mark Hyman M.D
So what are Functional Tests?
There are hundreds of functional tests available for an individual. Here are examples of a few more common tests:
- GI Mapping – detects and assesses the status of pathogens, viruses, parasites and bacteria that may be contributing to acute or chronic gastrointestinal symptoms and disease.
- Food Sensitivity tests – Immunoglobulin G (IgG) food testing is useful for structuring elimination diets for patients with many chronic conditions. Individuals with neurological, gastrointestinal, movement and behavioural disorders often suffer from IgG food sensitivities.
- Dutch test – extensive profile of sex and adrenal steroid hormones, along with their all-important metabolites.
- Organic Acids Test – comprehensive metabolic snapshot of a overall health with over 70 markers. It provides an accurate evaluation of intestinal yeast and bacteria. Abnormally high levels of these microorganisms can cause or worsen behavior disorders, hyperactivity, movement disorders, fatigue and immune function.
- Methylation profile – Normal metabolism of methionine is critical for cellular methylation of DNA, proteins and neurotransmitters. Test results can appropriately guide nutritional support
- Neurotransmitter analysis – assessment of the ability to synthesise and metabolise neurotransmitters, both in the periphery and, for some enzymes, behind the blood brain barrier as well.